Find out what it takes to create instructional materials that are accessible to all students, faculty responsibilities regarding student accommodation requests, and best practices that reach all learners. This interactive discussion will feature expert guidance from Maureen Madden, Instructional Designer and Accessibility Liaison, and Win Stevens, Disability Services Counselor. Faculty are encouraged to bring their toughest “What if?” scenarios and “How to?” questions for expert advice to create an inclusive classroom for all learners. The workshop is sponsored by the Northern Virginia Regional Center for Teaching Excellence.
When: Friday, November 11th, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Where: Northern Virginia Community College, Woodbridge–Seefeldt Building Room 418.
- 10:00-10:10: Welcome and Introductions
- 10:10-10:50: Working with Students with Disabilities
- 10:50-11:00: Break
- 11:00-12:00: Universal Design
- 12:00-1:00: Working Lunch Breakout Sessions
- 1:00-1:30: Breakout Session Reports
- 1:30-2:00: Q&A